Hey there! It’s the middle of the month of this new year and we’ve got some things to follow-up on.
Let’s get moving with our goal setting. With these 3 simple steps, you can solidify the goals you want to accomplish this year.
- Decide on what you want.
- Write it down as specifically as possible.
- Give it a deadline.
Deciding on what you want. These goals are personal to you. Don’t worry about what others think. What do you want?
Be specific. Being specific comes from the fact there are so many things fighting for your attention in this world and our brain can’t take them all in at once. Our brain aligns what we see with what we know and what we are looking for.
Write it down. When you write it down, your brain believes it much more than a simple wish. Your brain thinks you’re serious about your goal.
Give it a deadline. Without a deadline, your goal will remain a someday item on your life list and you may never achieve it. The date you put down motivates you to take action.
- get rid of the items I no longer need
- decorate my work space in my brand colors
- have a more organized desk space
- get a new comfortable desk chair
- put up colorful wall hangings
- have real flowers or plants on my desk
I think you get the idea. You can always add more to your task list as you complete each item off your list….or not. I have given myself an end deadline of February 12th. I can even give myself a deadline for each of the tasks to get even better with deadlines. See how easy that was? Easy, peasy.
Oh yeah, about failure……Don’t think about failure. If your goal was to read a book a month and you didn’t, you didn’t fail at it. You’re still at the same place before you started. If you didn’t hit the mark on the first time, try again, again, and again.
- Some goals are ongoing and never really get completed. A goal of better self care is one you must practice your entire life.
- New goals can be added once you complete any of your main goals.
- You can do this one small step at a time.
- The beauty of goal setting is not only the achievement of the goal, but who you become in the process.
If you have already set your goals, I’d love to hear from you in the comments below. Feel free to share all or some of your goals. Also, if you think that there are people in your world who would benefit from receiving my self care tips, please do forward or share this post.
With much love,